Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A busy weekend...

This picture was too funny not to share! Nothing like a bubble beard! lol!

We had a super busy weekend. Friday started with work and ended with a double header (Chris coached, Lily and I watched and played)! Saturday brought open gym for Chis and Lily while I ran some errands... Then to Vanderbilt to check in on Patrick, Amanda, and Beckett and to deliver some things that our school collected for them, then off to Chattanooga. In Chattanooga, we ate at Couch's (of course), Bentlee came over for a little while to play, we took a walk to Great-Ma and Great-Pa's, played with all the American Girls, and just generally hung out with my parents and had a great time! We decided to spend the night and this morning started the day with a HUGE bubble bath for Lily in the jacuzzi tub and then we all went out to lunch together and headed back to the 'boro for a trip to the Discovery Center (one of our most favorite and most visted places) and then off to Chris' Parents for a visit and dinner! What a weekend. I am just now getting home and settled back in.

Although the weekend was busy and filled with wonderful weather and people we love, what weighed on our minds more than anything was, of course, Beckett, Patrick, and Amanda. We have talked of little else, prayed continuously, and found ourselves confused and sickened. See the post below if you don't know what I am referring to. Things aren't looking good for Baby Beckett. He needs a miracle to save his little life and to ensure quality of life. Please continue to pray. Miracles happen... we need the doctors to have it wrong this time.


Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend and got to spend some qt with your family :).

Even though we have only met Patrick & Amanda a few times, our hearts still ache for them. We are praying so hard and having faith that God will bless them with a miracle!

Sarah said...

That sounds like a busy weekend, but busy with good things. Glad you got to go spend time in Ooltewah with Mom. I know that meant a lot to both her and Dad to get to see you and Lily and Chris.
Still praying for your friends.

Betsy said...

Hey Girl! Well, I am officially the worst blog commenter in the WORLD!! I feel so bad that I have gotten so behind. I am so sad to hear about your sweet friends and little Beckett! Goodness...I will be praying for them. That is just awful, but God has them in His hands.

Your weekend sounds like a fun whirlwind! I hope you're having a great week!! xoxoxo