Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009


I have been in a bit of a funk and I have decided to snap out of it! So I am back... Here is an update (sort of, nothing too detailed) and some pictures sprinkled in for fun! I was going to do a super long post updating everyone on all the goings on and the reason for my somewhat sudden fade from the blogging world, but there is just too much to share. So today I am kind of starting fresh. (You missed a lot, but nothing life altering, lol... cheer, a friend in crisis, the hoopla of the end of school, and the classic "do nothing, not even talk or type" that always follows school finally being over, kind of a recovery period).

(Vance and Lily at the farm)

Now I am back in action! So far this week I have kept myself pretty busy...

I have been to the gym with my cheerleaders in the afternoons! About half of them have never cheered before so I am very pleased to see them learning to stunt already!! :-)

I have piddled around the house, watched movies, spent some QT with the Food Network, caught up on my magazines, and rested... A LOT! :-)

(Vance and Lily playing on the John Deer)

Last week I took my niece to the Chattanooga Aquarium and to Coolidge park to play in the fountains! If you've never been, it's a must! We had tons of fun and I enjoyed catching up with my family! I also went to a cook out at Moo and Web's last week (hence the pictures), trying to squeeze as much in as we can before Baby Jack comes!!! :-)

(Vance in his tool belt)

Overall, I have been busy, a little stressed, but mostly uninspired to be tied to anything (including my blog)... no worries... it's a classic "me" thing to do the first week or two of summer!

(Dawson and Lily in the wagon)

So I am back. I missed you all and thought about you all often, but when I sat to write I felt uninspired... writers block. I am going to catch up with all my favorite blogs and get back in full swing now! I hope you are all still out there and checking on me from time to time!!

My last request is for you to pray for these two (above). It would seem they are both now caught in the middle of a totally unexpected custody battle. Please, Please, Please pray for God's will to be done and that they will both get through this and that it will come to a swift, peaceful, and "right" end!


Lauren said...

What does it say that I cried looking at these pictures?????

I am just so thankful for all of you.

Can't wait til tomorrow!!