Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Where did it go...

I am trying to figure out where my week went!! Here I am looking back over another week... I can't believe it's been a week since my last post! I have got to get on top of things!

My week was pretty ordinary! I rested a lot.

Wednesday night I went to live trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings! It's really fun and something we used to do a lot... now that basketball is over, we are getting back into the swing. You can go and eat and then if you want to play, your table is a team. You name your team and get little answer sheets. They ask trivia questions out loud over the sound system and you write your answer on a piece of paper and turn it in. There are different rounds and different point values... they play songs and you have to finish the lyrics or name the artist, they ask all kinds of questions from sports and entertainment to politics and current events! At the end of the game, the first, second, and third places are awarded gift cards for Buffalo Wild Wings! This week the final question (where you can bid up to all of your points) was, "what is the third language on the Rosetta Stone?"! WOW... it pays to be a geography teacher!!! Do you know the answer? I do because I just taught it a few weeks ago! It's Greek! :-) We came in 3rd place... I got the gift card. :-)

The rest of the week flew by!!! The weekend was here before I knew what happened and it was a big weekend because...



I hosted this months bunco!!! My theme was Bunco For Breast Cancer - Pink Pajama Party!!! I cooked individual size ham and cheese quiche, cream cheese sausage bites, cheese grits, and caramel pecan sticky buns!! We ate, talked, laughed, shared stories, and then played bunco, of course!! Everything was pink... pink candy, pink gift bags, and all-pink gifts including a domestic diva pink polka-dot apron, breast cancer awareness travel coffee mugs, and the movie 27 dresses (among other things). So fun!
I asked each of my guests to go to buncoforbreastcancer.org to make a donation to support our theme! You can get online as well to make a donation if you would like! Or... think about hosting your own Bunco for Breast Cancer night! It was really fun.
The only hitch in bunco night was that I made the neatest and yummiest Parmesan spinach swirls and forgot to serve them! I had them on a platter and put the platter in the microwave to get it out of the way until it was time to put them out... only I forgot about them and found them the next morning sitting on their pretty platter, ready to go! Have you ever done that before? I thought, "I am losing my mind!!"
Friday night after everyone left I woke up with a raving fever! I knew instantly what it was going to be... I get it every single year... tonsillitis! One word... EW! I made myself get up Saturday morning and go straight to the doctor for a Z-pack! She gave me a different antibiotic instead because she said the Z-pack hasn't been as effective this year as it has been in the past. That was fine with me, but turns out the new stuff she gave me hurts my tummy! Great!
Nothing could keep me from my girlz though! Saturday we ate at Newks - YUMMY new place at the Avenue! Then we went to see He's Just Not That Into You! *cute*
That was my weekend in a nutshell because as soon as I got home from the movie I hit the couch! My fever made another appearance and I am spending every second of the rest of this weekend resting and relaxing and just "being sick" on my couch! I don't like the sick part so much, but I have to admit I am enjoying the "being home sick" part - relaxing on my couch and having a good excuse to do whatever I feel like and nothing at all! Shhh... don't tell! ;-)

6 comments:

ariel said...

I am so impressed by the amount of energy you have to entertain and host parties and cook such a fabulous spread for them among your million other activities! Sounds like you definitley earned that gift card at BWs. Sorry to hear you arent feeling well again! :( Hope the meds kick in soon!!

Amanda Ledford said...

Sorry that I didn't get to see you this weekend. :-( Hope you are feeling better soon!

Megan L Hutchings said...

BLESS YOUR HEART! I am so sorry you had to spend the majority of your weekend sick =(! I hope you are feeling better today!!!

I absolutely LOVED your Bunco theme. It always means a lot to me when people support Breast Cancer Research. And...I am so glad I got to see you on Saturday. It always brightens my day ;)!

Betsy said...

You are amazing to host such a great party with so much yummy food!!! Mmmm...I wish I could have come! haha

I'm so sorry you've been sick. I hope you get better soon. But it IS fun to have an excuse to lay around all day! :)

Lauren said...

I love the Bunko theme! It looks like you had a great time!

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Keep getting lots of rest!

Lauren said...

I forgot - it might help to put your meds in the freezer and take them at night before you go to bed. They may not hurt your tummy as bad.