Tyson Hugh Hooper

Tyson Hugh Hooper
Our son, Tyson Hugh Hooper, was born with coarctation of the aorta, hypoplastic arch, and a transitional avsd. His first open heart surgery reconstructed his aorta and was on day 9 of life. His second open heart repair was not anticipated to be needed until two or three years of age. Ty had other plans. We spent the vast majority of his first 3 months of life at Vanderbilt as he went into heart failure and was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. As a result, the medical team concluded that he needed the repair much sooner than usually recommended, and at just shy of 3 months old Ty underwent his second life saving open heart surgery. God has already worked so many miracles in Ty's life and the life of our family and we know he is using our story. Because of this, we are grateful for Ty's special heart and feel beyond blessed that God chose us to travel this road. We ask for prayers as Ty continues to heal. We are praying for a full recovery and life without restrictions for Ty. We are praying for God to use our family and Ty for His glory.

Thank you to each and every person who supports us through prayer, giving, or just by loving on our family! We are humbled and blessed by all of the ways the Lord is providing for us and know that he is using Ty and his story to do great things!

Friday, March 28, 2008

A quiet day at the end of spring break!

Well, this morning I have accomplished very little… slept late, zoned out watching food network for a few (I am an addict), ate a quick breakfast, and then hopped on here to check up on the whole blog thing. :-) I ended up reading several other blogs (linked to them from Moo’s – that would be Megan Hutching’s – blog) and thoroughly enjoyed the reading! Some of them even brought me to tears (this is not unusual, however, I cry a lot (lol)… happy, sad, mad, watching a movie… doesn’t matter).

Today is Friday of the last weekend of my spring break! How is it possible that spring break can go by so quickly when the last couple weeks of school before the break drug by at a barely tolerable pace? Such is life! I am just thankful to have had the break. And to tell you the truth, I have done a lot of nothing… but I think that is exactly what I needed. I went to see a movie (Vantage Point – I recommend it, I was on the edge of my seat), I went to Chattanooga to visit family and the dentist (fun, fun), I spent time cleaning and working a little around the house, and then poof – here I am, break almost over!

On a lighter note, it’s SPRING! My most favorite time of year! Beautiful weather (even spring storms are beautiful), summer in sight (an even bigger thrill for us teachers), flowers in bloom everywhere, time to grill out and chill with friends… I just puts a “spring” in my step! I love it!

I will leave you today with a favorite recipe for any time of year – but I think of it especially during the spring! Sangria! There are millions of ways to make it, but here’s my personal favorite!

1 bottle of red wine
1 cup tequila
¾ cup sugar (add more if you like your sangria sweeter)
1 pt. strawberries pureed
1 cup orange juice
1 cup grapefruit juice
1 cup cranberry juice
sliced fruit (I use oranges, lemons, and limes)

Cheers! Enjoy your spring weekend!

1 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

It just makes me giddy that you are a blogger. I promise you will meet amazing women and get some free therapy. What a wonderful way to get to know my best friend even better.

If you have not read Kelly or Bring On The Rain Blogs...go there!

I can't wait for tonight!